What is Sciatica? Sciatica is an issue that negatively affects the sciatic nerve and can cause moderate to severe pain in the lower back, hips, buttocks, and into your legs. The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in your body, and sciatica sufferers know just how debilitating it can be when the pain strikes.
Don't let sciatic pain interfere with your daily life
Contact us to discuss treatments available for sciatica
Call (917) 717-2300
Regenerative medicine and chiropractic treatments can help your body resolve sciatic pain at the source so you can experience long-lasting pain relief without having to consider surgery or drugs. Schedule a complimentary consultation with us today to learn more.
Effective Treatments for Sciatica: Regenerative Medicine and Chiropractic Care
Regenerative medicine and chiropractic care are both effective non-surgical treatments for sciatica. The key to their success is that they treat the underlying cause of your sciatic pain and not just the outward symptoms. The pain you feel is just a by-product of the nerve damage and pressure that’s happening beneath the surface. Our treatments work with your body’s natural healing process to resolve the root cause and relieve the pain.
Our regenerative medicine treatments consist of regenerative tissue injections and platelet-rich plasma, or PRP, therapy.
Here is some important information about our regenerative tissue treatments:
- The tissue is derived from the Wharton’s Jelly of donated umbilical cords
- The cords are willingly donated after a planned C-section
- Both the mother and baby are fine throughout the process
- The mother is screened for health and social history to ensure quality tissue
- The tissue is young and potent, with healing properties that include cytokines, proteins, growth factors, hyaluronic acid, and more
- The treatment is minimally invasive, and there is little to no chance of rejection
Here is more information about our PRP therapy for sciatica relief:
- We draw a small sample of your own blood
- The blood is placed in a centrifuge
- As it spins, the red blood cells and platelets separate
- The resulting platelets are highly concentrated and contain healing properties
- The PRP is injected into your damaged tissue to facilitate the natural healing process
Chiropractic care is another effective treatment for sciatic nerve pain. During a gentle manual adjustment, the pressure on your sciatic nerve will be relieved, which can help decrease inflammation and reduce your pain. As your alignment is restored and your structure comes back into balance, you’ll notice benefits like less pain and improved mobility.
What Causes Sciatic Pain?
Sciatic pain can be caused by factors that include:
- A herniated disc in your spine that pinches the sciatic nerve
- A bone spur on your vertebrae
- Nerve damage caused by a disease such as diabetes
These issues may result from a slip and fall injury, car accident, sports injury, or another event that has pinched or compressed the sciatic nerve.
Some of the common risk factors include:
- An occupation that requires lifting or twisting
- Prolonged sitting
- Some combination of the above
If you’ve been impacted by sciatica pain in Manhattan, New York City, or surrounding areas, call us today at (917) 717-2300 to schedule a free consultation. We will help get to the root cause of your pain and resolve those underlying issues so you can do the things you love once again.